Saturday 11 June 2011

Some Songs (Make the Heart Ache in a Beautiful Way)

So I'm bored at work, being a slow motion Saturday, and I have about eight songs stuck in my head like an infinite loop of music. I often ask people what their favorite song is, but when someone asks me this question, I can't give an answer. So here is a disorganized list of my beloved tunes.


Zombie - The Cranberries (I love, love this song. I listen to it at least twice a day)
Revelry - Kings of Leon (My heartache song, for sure)
Famous Blue Raincoat - Leonard Cohen (Cohen the master story teller)
Think About You - Guns n' Roses
Moonlight Sonata - Ludwig Von Beethoven (The classiest song ever written)
Magic Man - Heart
Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day
Hero of the Day - Metallica
Overburdened - Disturbed
Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy - Pyotr Tchaikovsky (From The Nutcracker ballet I always wanted to see and never have yet...someday)
Free Bird - Lynrd Skynrd
Wonderwall - Oasis
Adia - Sara McLauchlin
I Try - Macy Gray
Edie - The Cult
Hard Sun - Eddie Vedder (The voice of Pearl Jam, makes me smile inside)
Black - Pearl Jam
Jesus Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam - Nirvana
Buick Mackane - Guns n' Roses (This song is a bit raunchy and makes me feel a little bit so)
Cold Desert - Kings of Leon (Reminds me of my lonely move across the country in the dead of winter. I never felt so alone in all my life as I did then.)
Linger - The Cranberries
Kiss Me - Sixpence None the Richer (Reminds me of someone I like very much)
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin (Who doesn't love this song?)
Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls
Sweet Soul Sister - The Cult
Hannah Jane - Hootie & The Blowfish
Puttin on the Ritz - Taco
Stan - Eminem with Dido (Surprise, surprise)
Hunter - Dido
Epic - Faith No More
Green River - CCR
Hero - Nickelback
Dance Hall Days - Wang Chung
There She Goes - Sixpence none the Richer
Everything I do (I do it for you) - Bryan Adams
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
Hey Jude - The Beatles
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
I Hate Everything About You - Three Days Grace
Halo - Soil
I Put a Spell on You - CCR
Tainted Love - Marilyn Manson
She Bop - Cyndi lauper (Do you know what this song is about?)
Yellow - Coldplay
Creep - Radiohead
Loser - Beck
Landing in London - 3 Doors Down (My son plays this beautifully on his guitar)
Suzanne - Leonard Cohen
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
Feel Like Making Love - Kid Rock
Dazed & Confused - Led Zeppelin
Until it Sleeps - Metallica (I love and hate this song, for secret reasons)
White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
Hurdy Gurdy Man - Donaovan
Beautiful - James Blunt
Love Removal Machine - The Cult
So Long Marianne - Leonard Cohen
Black Betty - Ram Jam
Solar Angels - Judas Priest
The Untouchable One - Tom Cochrane
Champagne Supernova - Oasis
Good Riddance - Green Day
All to Myself - Marianas Trench
Drowning - Saving Abel
Where Did You Sleep Last Night - Nirvana
Jeremy - Pearl Jam
You Lie - Reba McIntyre
Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
Layla - Derek & The Dominos
Painted on My Heart - The Cult
You'll Be in My Heart - Phil Collins
Boys of Summer - Don Henley
Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
Changes - Ozzy & Kelly Osborne
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
The Rooster - Alice in Chains
How You Gonna See Me Now? - Alice Cooper
Wish you were here - Pink Floyd
Burmingham - Amanda Marshall
Insensitive - Jann Arden
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Eyes Without a Face - Billy Idol
No Way to Say Goodbye - Leonard Cohen
Cryin - Aerosmith
No Rain - Blind Melon
The One - Foo Fighters
Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas
One Night in Bangkok - Murray Head (Mike Tyson's rendition is amusing but terrible)
On Call - Kings of Leon (One of the sexiest songs ever)
Island in the Sun - Weezer
The Rock Show - Blink 182
Schism - Tool
Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
The Grudge - Tool (One of the best drum solos EVER)
Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden
Painkiller - Judas Priest (Once again, drums are awesome)
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Rocketman - Elton John
Without You - Motley Crue
You Could Be Mine - Guns n'Roses
Night Crawler - Judas Priest
Jambi - Tool
Paint it Black - The Rolling Stones
Celebrity Status - Marianas Trench
Every Breath You Take - The Police
Highway to Hell - Ac/DC
Fallin - Alicia Keys
Yesterday - The Beatles
Piano Man - Billy Joel
Blurry - Puddle of Mudd
Mr. Tambourine Man - The Byrds
Drive - The Cars
The Pot - Tool
Glory Days - Bruce Springsteen
Fix You - Coldplay
Cowboy - Kid Rock
Sunshine of your Love - Cream
Mr. Jones & Me - Counting Crows
Only Wanna Be With You - Hootie & The Blowfish
Rio - Duran Duran
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
Elegantly Wasted - INXS
Crazy for You - Madonna
Sweet Child o' Mine - G n'R
Imagine - John Lennon
Mandy - Barry Manilow (My namesake song, thanks to the guilt of my mother for wanting to give me away in secret)
Babe - Styx
All out of Love - Air Supply
I Wish it Would Rain Down - Phil Collins
The Sound of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel
Take my Breath Away - Berlin
Me & Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin
The Chelsea Motel - Leonard Cohen (Written for Janis Joplin)
Here Without You - 3 Doors Down
Never too Late - 3 Days Grace

Wow....m'k, I'm a music freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment