Friday 10 June 2011

This Morning, I Saw...

A pirate.

I shit you not. A pirate, dressed in his pirate duds, sitting at the bus stop on Portage Avenue, waiting patiently for his ride to come along. How cool is that, to be so uncaring as to what people think of you, that you can sit in the bus shelter in your pirate hat, eyepatch, and green flouncy knickers.

Much cooler, the pirate, than the Satanic looking dude on the bus ride home yesterday, in his black cloak and stabby looking rings.

Other humorous/odd/interesting events of this morning:

My old apartment was flooded, destroying several items belonging to me, my ex, his mother, and his girlfriend. Not humorous, I know, but nonetheless interesting. My old place looks so sad without me; all wet and dirty.

A man on Plenty of Fish messaged me and told me that I look like a cop. I replied and said that while I'm not a policewoman, I am a Superhero, if that pulls his train at all. He messaged me back and called me a "sexy cop Superhero chick". Awesome.

I just might add here that I still hate PoF. I hate it more every day. But when I become bored, off I go to visit it. But, I am doing that less and less. Farmville is more entertaining a game to play. And that I can play and not feel like a whore. Also, with Farmville, no one threatens my life or recognizes me on the bus or any other type of BS.

I realized this morning that I have a lot of fun by myself in the wee hours of the morning, when I'm awake with the birds and no one else. Unlike when I first made my move across the country, my mind no longer races, I get enough sleep, and I'm not homesick.

So yeah, this morning I saw a Pirate.

No comments:

Post a Comment